Pray for Nicaragua this Sunday!
This Sunday, October 14, is Pray for Nicaragua Sunday in the Mission Prayer Book of Our Common Global Ministries. To see the article and the prayer click on this link:
As you're praying for Nicaragua, consider attending the upcoming Mission Possible! event at Christ the King Retreat Center, Syracuse, on November 2-3. Sponsored by the UCCNY Commission on the Global Church, the event this year will focus on ministries in the Caribbean and Central America. This is especially geared for those churches and individuals with an interest in and/of have participated in mission trips to this region of the world.
Here is a copy of the Registration Form.
You should be able to "right click" on the image, press copy, then paste into your word processor. You can manipulate the size to a full 8 1/2 by 11 page. Fill out the form on the left side, cut the paper in half and send to the New York Conference Office.
And, in preparation for Mission Possible! I am reprising the video about the Global Church Partnership covenant making trip to Nicaragua (for those who have not seen it).
Thomas and Jaramillo deliver Peace in Iraq Petitions, arrested at White House
General Minister and President, John Thomas, and Justice and Witness Ministries Executive, Linda Jaramillo, presented the 60,000 signatory petition to the leaders of the Houses of Congress. When attempting to deliver the petition to the White House, they were denied entrance. When they refused to leave, they were arrested. I have included a link to the article and accompanying video and photos in the upper right hand corner of this blog page.
Blessings,
Rick Cowles
P.S. I hope to see many of you at Mission Possible! I believe wholeheartedly that those churches with a heart for mission are vibrant churches, indeed!
Blessings,
Rick Cowles
P.S. I hope to see many of you at Mission Possible! I believe wholeheartedly that those churches with a heart for mission are vibrant churches, indeed!

1 comment:
When you pray for Nicaragua, please remember the devastation done to parts of the country by Hurricane Felix. Update and giving opportunity at http://www.ucc.org/disaster/situation-report-hurricane.html
Lawrence Gilley
Post a Comment